Essential Recipe: Kale ChipsKale chips are a delicious, easy, and inexpensive way to get more greens into your diet. Try this recipe for original flavored kale chips or spice them up with other herbs and essential oils for more options. Try garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and Lemon essential oil for an Italian twist, or cumin and Cilantro essential oil for Mexican-style chips. The options are endless!
What You Need:
1 large bunch kale, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 drops Lemon essential oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 2oo degrees.
2. Wash and dry kale thoroughly.
3. Combine olive oil and Lemon essential oil in a large mixing bowl.
4. Put kale in a large mixing bowl and toss in oils.
5. Make sure all of the kale is well coated with oils by massaging each piece. Once coated, place on a baking sheet in a single layer.
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Bake on the center rack for 45-50 minutes (or until nice and crispy). Keep an eye on the smaller pieces and take them out if they are done earlier, otherwise they will burn.
8. Place in a bowl and watch them disappear!